Saturday, September 20, 2008

We are alive!! Warning....long post!

Wow. Time has gotten away from me. I know I haven't blogged in....forever. To my credit, I have just barely gotten settled enough to have my own computer ready. There is so much to say...so little time. I don't even know where to start, so much has happened. We officially did sell our UT home on July 14th. That was the first of not-so-smooth transitions. The movers came a day earlier than I expected. Then we ended up (while the movers where taking stuff out of my house) almost not selling the house. We had to put more money in because the buyers didn't have enough. Ugh. What else are you going to do on moving day? Just give in and walk away. Then we spent the remainder of that week in a hotel so Chris could finish the work week in Provo. Then Friday, July 18th we left UT and headed to my parent's house in Las Vegas. Chris left the next day to get to AZ so he could start working from home the following week. I spent the week with my family including my sister, who also came. We ended that week with my mom's birthday on July 25th. It was a really fun week. That's when the "fun" began. Now, I have to interject that we thought we were closing on our AZ home (the one that we wanted) on Aug. 1st. We found out on July 25th that the appraisal of the home came back $44K less than our asking price. Waaaayyy too low. Lower is better, but not that low. Both realtors felt that it was unfair and we asked for an appeal. As we were waiting for the new appraisal number to come back, we were unsure if we were going to have to start over or just wait this one out for....who knows how long. It ended up that the new appraisal came up $10k and the sellers came down $27K, then we compromised on the rest. We closed on our AZ home Aug 12th, after almost one month of being in storage. I have to admit, though, that the time went pleasantly. We were all ready to get into our home, but being with my family for a week and then living with the Partridge's made everything so easy. Well, after getting our home on Aug 12th, we had to wait until Aug 18th for the moving company to bring our things. This is when I lost it. I was going to rant on and on about the not-so-good experience I had with Global Moving and Storage, but it now seems not worth it. I thought I had done such a good job researching companies and getting one that was good and had high Better Business Bureau ratings and good comments. I just didn't feel I got the service I was told I was going to get. And in the end there were broken things that I specifically didn't want broken, boxes that were so mushed and cruched it was like they played soccer with them. So, all I have to say is never use that company. We are here now and settled and loving it! We love our house! The girls love playing with the cousins as much as they can get, and they love that it is still summer...and Katelyn hopes, it always will be. The girls have adjusted really well. We just so grateful we are finally here.

So, for the next bit of news about our family is that we are having another baby! I know, for some this is new news and for some this is old news. But we are so excited! We just found out this week that it is a BOY!! What? What do I do with a boy? I have all girls stuff. Everything is pink. I am getting really excited though. It's almost the excitement of a first baby because you need to buy everything new. Katelyn was with us in the ultrasound and her comment was, "But I though it was a girl, oh well, I guess it's a boy." She is so excited too. I'm going to have 2 little mommy helpers. The baby is due to come February 3rd...or, you know, whenever he feels like it!

Oh, there is so much more to say, but I'll stop for now and try to get some pictures together to show next time. I just couldn't wait any longer to post something!

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad you are alive and getting settled! We miss you but are glad you are happy in your new home.

Congrats on the boy! Boys are so much fun, and he will have many cousins to show him the ropes!

Cori said...

Cassi! It's Cori (formerly Bonet). I found your blog the long way around through Jacqie's. Anyway, I'm curious where in Arizona you are...I am in Gilbert and if you are close I would love to see you. Email me at cmcolby (at) fincomm (dot) net.

Congrats on the boy! They are the best! Mine is almost 15 months old and we are having a girl in November!

Lori Sacks said...

We are glad that everything worked out in the end.YEAH!! a boy we are so excited for you all. Hope that you are doing well.
Love the Sacks'

Stephanie said...

Yay for being settled! Can't wait to see you guys again over Christmas.

Heather said...

Cassi--I'm so glad to see you've returned to the land of blogging! I gave up on checking, and decided to try again today :) Sorry your boxes got munched--NOT GOOD! Congrats on having a BOY! Wow. I was almost sure you'd follow in all of our footsteps. We've got quite the history of 3-girl families in our neighborhood. Way to break the trend! Your girls are going to be so in love with him!

liz taylor said...

That is so exciting that you're going to have a boy. We like having both. It's fun. I don't know if you know, but we have a blog. It's wyatttaylor.blogspot.com
I love to blog and to see others' blogs!

The Woolner Family said...

Boys are great. I didn't realize you were that far along. Any names in mind?

The Woolner Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becky said...

I love reading about your home selling and moving. The whole selling thing was a total nightmare for us, too. Glad it is over!
Movers!!!!!!!!! YUCK! I am sorry! What a nightmare for you guys!
And a boy! Any ideas of names? Email me on the address I posted on (after you delete it, thanks (0: ).
Talk to you soon!
love,
Becky (0:
Smile