This year's dance recital was themed Cinemagic. Wow, was it magic! I think I saw Amy (sister-in-law and director of the Company) magically divide into 10 people and do way more than her one body could do to pull of this amazing show. Kaley (other sister-in-law and dance teacher) also was amazing making the show run smoothly. All in all, the show came off great. The road to get to the end was a little bit (ahhh, a lot bit) messy. I know all of that sounds cryptic for those who were not there, but I don't know if I have words yet to say how long of a day it was for my family. Because of situations beyond anyone's control, the dress rehearsal ran wayyy too long, so the girls and I had 30 minutes to eat a late lunch, change into costumes, do stage makeup, and dance hair to be ready for the first show. Somewhere in the first show I finally sat down and watched a little bit, until I knew I needed to help backstage. Then we pretty much ran from there and into the second show. The girls both did a GREAT job on their dances. I'm so proud of them. It was fun for me to see the change and improvement in their skills from the beginning of the year, and especially Katelyn from first starting dance just 2 years ago. We of course brought our video camera with us, but Chris was needed to help the stage crew, so we don't have much video of the night. We opted for the outrageously priced professional videographer's DVD which doesn't come to us for another few weeks. We'll post their dances once we get them. Until then...here's the only evidence that the day even existed....
A HUGE thank you to my mom and grandma for coming into town and helping out with making the day a little less crazy (hope you still want to come back again!) and for being the official audience crew, thank you to Grandma-ma Long for coming to the show, a thank you to Chris for getting only 2 hours of sleep to finish up the great intro "movie previews" before the opening number, a thank you to Cheryl and Kaley for helping with stage makeup and back stage costume changes, and thank you to Scott who provided the perfect shoulder for Adam to sleep on because his mommy was MIA.
3 comments:
And a thanks to Cassi for waking Chris up after his 2 hours sleep so he could finish the video prelude to the opening number! LOL! I was surprisingly alert and got just the right amount of sleep for the events of the crazy day.
The girls look so cute in their costumes! That is so frustrating that things did not run smoothly, but I'm sure the show itself was amazing!
Sounds intense! The girls look cute!
Post a Comment