This year for Halloween I decided to go themed. I somehow convinced the girls they wanted to be superheros to match Adam who was Superman. Katelyn chose Wonder Woman and Megan chose Supergirl. I think in the process I agreed to let Katelyn get a Dorthy from Wizard of Oz costume sometime in the future. I think all she really wants are the red ruby slippers. That's easy.
It was a little tricky with Halloween falling on a Sunday this year. Saturday we just pretended it was Halloween. The girls really didn't know any different and we were able to keep our Sabbath day just for Church and family. So, Saturday, we finally carved our pumpkin to start off the Halloween festivities.
Then we went to Chris' parent's neighborhood Halloween party. It is always fun, hot dogs, chili, and carnival games for the kids. Even Adam figured out that if he did the cake walk he would get a cupcake. Then we chose about 10 families from our Ward that we knew would let trick-or-treaters come on Saturday and let the kids go trick or treating. They had fun and it was so nice to not have a huge load of candy at the end of the day. Turns out when you only go to about 10 houses you only get about 10 pieces of candy! Then our last trick or treat stop was Chris' grandparent's house. I think the kids had a really good time.
Then Sunday, we went about our day like a normal Sunday. After Sunday dessert night at Chris' grandparent's we let the kids dress up in their costumes again so they could show my parents on Skype their Halloween attire. In the process they were able to help pass out candy to trick or treaters that came to our door. Again, it was a great hit and the kids didn't even ask to go out on Sunday. They were satisfied with passing out our candy.


2 comments:
How brave of you to go themed -- it always looks cute, but I have yet to try it!
The pumpkins turned out great!
The kids look SO GOOD!!! I LOVE the costumes! We just needed to see mom and dad dressed up too!
Post a Comment