Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Katelyn's 1st Grade Zoo Field Trip

The 1st Grade got to go to the Zoo and I volunteered to be a parent chaperone. This was so much fun! AZ has a really great zoo. Somehow we haven't been that many times in the almost 3 years we've been here. The trick is to find the right temperature to enjoy the zoo and have animals out. This zoo day was just about perfect.
Katelyn in front of these amazingly red-orange birds. I don't remember their name, but I was so impressed by their color.

Since my job was watching a group of 1st graders, I didn't take that many pictures. I did love this flock of flamingos by the water. Not sure how they can stand on one little skinny leg with that big body to support. Guess I'll need the kids to do a report on flamingos one day so I can learn how that works.

This was the group of kids I was with for the day. Hope they had a fun time!

No comments: