I admit I'm one of those mean moms that doesn't let their kids have a friend birthday party every year. We always celebrate with the family, but I stress out too much about the big themed birthday parties with the friends and just don't want to do it big every year. On their "off years" they can invite a few friends over on a Friday and stay up late watching a movie and eating movie junk, but nothing big. Lucky for Katelyn she turned 8 and we get to celebrate! She chose a Rock Star theme and we had a blast! The girls made rockin' chokers and bracelets, made rock-star ponytail holders, did their own makeup and then had a photo shoot. Oh, and did I mention, Katelyn got to invite 16 of her close personal friends? What was I thinking?!
After the glam-out session, they played RockBand on the Wii while I cleaned up the enormous activity mess and got ready for treats.
Then they enjoyed frosting their own rockstar sugar cookies.
We had a Rockin' great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment