Friday, January 16, 2009

Merry Christmas Memories

I have been so behind in the blog, but I wanted to take some time to do a little Christmas update (since we are now half way through January!). We had a great Christmas season. It was filled with two dance performances for Katelyn, a visit with Santa, and family. We were so lucky to have one of Chris' brothers (and family) stay with us over the holidays. Brett and Stephanie have one little boy, Hyrum (18 months), and the girls loved playing with him. Katelyn even learned to wrestle (one of Hyrum's favorite past times). Here's a list of some of my favorite Christmas highlights and pics.

1. Katelyn's cute Jingle Bells dance. Megan even learned it a little bit. We have another dancer in the making! We have the whole dance on video, but that will have to be added another time by Chris. I have no idea how to put it in here!



2. At Katelyn's first dance performance, Santa made an appearance. Kids are great. I asked the girls what they wanted Santa to give them for Christmas. Now, keep in mind, by this time Santa in Santa's workshop had already made/purchased an item for the girls for Christmas. I just wanted to prep the girls so they were ready to tell Santa something when they got on his lap. Megan didn't know what to say, but Katelyn stated she wanted paints. Of all the things to ask for, she just wants paints to make artwork. Wow. I should have asked her that before Santa had finished his work in the workshop. It would have been a lot easier!


3. Cute new Sunday Christmas clothes by the Christmas tree. I love my cute girls!



4. Happy Christmas day! I love the magic of Christmas with kids. They get so excited that it is contagious. That is enough present for me. I even forget that I might have something to open.




5. The hot Christmas present this year for the girls and all the cousins was light sabers. My favorite pic is Chris playing Jedi-Ninja king in the backyard. Megan didn't like it so much. She told Daddy to stop.


6. My absolute favorite memory of this Christmas was the girls gift from Santa. After all the presents were opened, we told the girls that Santa had left them a letter. The letter told them to look in the backyard for their present. They went to the back door and there was a new swing set with a slide. Here's the good part! They started jumping up and down. Megan (in the rain with new slippers on) ran full on for it. We asked Katelyn what it was. She said, "It's a...it's a...I don't know...I'm so excited I can't say what it is!" And there you have it in writing. Katelyn was speechless. Something that might not happen again for a long time.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Very cute pictures! We had so much.

Jennifer said...

What a cute family! I especially love the new pic at the top of your blog. We were glad we got to spend time with you over the holidays!

Brett said...

Thanks for the great Christmas memories!!!

Kristin Chesnik said...

How fun! We are so glad you all had a very Merry Christmas!