Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Fresh Look

When we bought this house, one of the things that was really nice is that all the rooms were already painted.  And they weren't just painted, they were painted well, in most cases.  The Chapman's (previous owners) had 4 sons, so not all the color choices jived with the girls.  So before we even moved in, we painted the girls' bedroom pink.  The playroom next to their room had this green color on it, with one of the walls done in a faux finish (or whatever it's called that makes it look like linen paper).

Now that we've officially been here a year, we decided it was finally time to paint the playroom.  When we lived in Springville, we painted the Nursery a buttery-yellow color that I really liked.  The choice had come down between a couple, and Cassi liked the other one.  She says she likes me to give my opinion, and I did then, but when we moved I learned that she really never liked that color.  Anyways, so this time I tried to leave the final color choice to her.  I still gave my opinion, and fortunately, we BOTH picked the same color.

Before


After


The lighting isn't great, but we LOVE the new color.  It reminds me of a cloud-less sky.  Some day, I may get brave enough to add a 360-degree sandy beach-scape to it.