Sunday, October 11, 2009

Katelyn's 6th Birthday Weekend Bash

Katelyn is officially 6! She is such a sweet girl. We love having her in our home. She is growing into such a beautiful person inside and out! I can't believe she is already that old. I know you hear this all the time, but really, it just seems like yesterday we brought her home from the hospital.

Katelyn started her day out with breakfast in bed, which Katelyn has now decided everyone in the family should get on their birthday. Katelyn's birthday this year fell on a Thursday, which made things a little busy for us. Megan has dancing on Thursdays, so Megan and I are usually gone all evening. Looking at everyone's schedules we realized we wouldn't be able to have a family birthday party on Thursday. So, we partied all weekend! On her actual birthday, Chris, Megan, and I took her to Red Robin for dinner (Adam was playing with Grandma). She loved getting sung to by the waiters and was excited to get her birthday ice cream.

Friday, Katelyn got her first friend birthday party. She chose a princess theme, so everyone was dressed up as their favorite princess. When each princess arrived, we took their picture in front of our castle then the first activity was to decorate foam picture frames (which they took home with their picture in it). Then we played Cinderella's missing shoe. I had one pair inside and one pair outside hiding. They had to go outside and find the missing pair to receive their prize. Then we played one more game where we tried to figure out which princess item was missing. Then the hit of the party was a freeze dance game. They all had a blast dancing, then they had to freeze when the music stopped. Finally the party ended with presents and cupcakes and ice cream. I think everyone had a good time.

Sunday, we finally got to have Katelyn's family birthday party, which she wanted to be themed Harry Potter. I didn't go all out, but I made it feel a little bit like Harry Potter. We had licorice wands in a cauldron and Bertie Bots every flavor beans. Katelyn chose the family favorite Texas Sheet Cake for her birthday cake and then we opened presents. I think Katelyn thoroughly enjoyed her weekend bash. Here's my video montage of the events.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like a fun birthday!

Kristin Chesnik said...

Happy, happy very belated birthday Katelyn dear. We are so glad you are in our family!