Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Go Katelyn! Go!

I already posted about Katelyn's first swim meet, back on June 10 (and quite timely too), but now that the rest of the meets are done, I'll recap the whole summer swimming season of Katelyn's first year on swim team.

Freestyle Individual - 35.8s - 2nd place
Freestyle Relay - 37.1s - 2nd place

Backstroke Individual - 49s - 4th place
Backstroke Relay - 51s - 3rd place

Butterfly Individual - 43.6 - 3rd place

Red Division Qualifying Meet
Freestyle -30.89s - 2nd place in heat, 14th place overall
Backstoke - 47.21s - 1st place in heat, 16th place overall

City Semi-Championship Meet
Freestyle - 30.99s
Backstroke - 43.69s

The swim meets were a lot of fun to go to, although words can't express how much I wanted to be on the team with her!  (Not just because temperatures at the meets ranged from low 90's (a happy fluke I think) and 115s.)  It was fun to see some old friends that I used to swim with cheering on their own kids.  We did our best to keep the spectator crowd cool, and celebrated the end of each meet with a visit to Jamba Juice - sometimes that became dinner.  I'm really proud with how much Katelyn has improved during this year.  She also met Coach Dad during some private workouts.  She worked really hard, and is learning a few things about what hard work means too!  I think she likes just Dad better - he just lets her play in the pool. :)  It was a good season.  Here are a few pics of us spectatin' and also Katelyn doing the Freestyle.  Enjoy!