Friday, July 30, 2010

Vegas trip

I love my Vegas trips. It's not like it sounds. I haven't been on the Vegas Strip in many many years. Vegas to me means my family, relaxed times, playing card games, and just taking a deep breath from real life. I love that when I visit my house we can spend a whole day in the house and just enjoy each others company and not feel like we have to run around. I've decided we need to make the trek to Vegas every summer so the kids can see their grandparents there and my brothers' family which of course includes cousins. This year, we decided that Chris should stay back and work. Plus I picked a week to go when Chris was going to be gone for part of it anyway with the Young Men in our ward on a Super Activity. Lucky us the time that worked in the schedule was my mom's birthday week! We had so much fun. I have to admit that my downfall of not blogging consistently means that I've forgotten much of what we did while I was there. Here's some highlights of what I remember (after all I'm really blogging this in November when we went in July!). We had homemade ice cream....yum....a favorite birthday tradition. We ate fish! If I remember right we went to Red Lobster one day where I got Megan to admit she liked crab. (Chris hates fish and my kids seem to follow suit.) Then we went out to Long John Silvers later in the week with my mom and grandma. Katelyn was playing with her cousin Eli for the day so I only had Megan and Adam. Of course they didn't try the fish, but I tried to tell them it was great! Adam however did try to drink the tartar sauce. He's my dunking kid. He'll dunk pretty much any food in anything. He was not too impressed with the hamburger but the tarter sauce was a hit! And the most important thing I remember is just enjoying my family. I love you and can't wait to come back again!

No comments: