Again, I am amazed at all the things the kids are learning in Club. Megan now knows the difference between a vertebrate and invertebrate, she knows about sharks and whales and fish, and tidal waves and how they are formed, and sea stars and so much more about our ocean. To add to that, she can name all the oceans in the world, and point them out on a map. A lot of what they learn is put to song to make it easier to remember. I think this is why Megan loves it so much. I even learned something new from Megan that she had learned. Did you know that sea stars (commonly referred to as star fish, but they are not a fish) take their stomach out to eat? Then if they don't like something that they've eaten they just leave their stomach there and they grow a new one. Nice. Kind of wish I could do that sometimes.
 |
| Club has a small loft. Megan is showing me her shark puppet. |
 |
| Megan smiling during the classroom portion of the parent program. |
 |
| This is the small playroom that is decorated like a submarine for this unit. |
3 comments:
Wow! I love that they are learning such detailed things! What a great school!
I really am impressed! . . . and I'm glad I learned a little more about Sea Stars too:)
Is this her preschool? Fun!
Post a Comment