Monday, January 24, 2011
The "big" computer bites the dust
So our family desktop computer has decided it can't turn on anymore. It gives a lovely error message. Not the pretty kind. It's just a black screen with white writing saying "I can't turn on, I'm corrupt" or something like that. We knew this time was coming because it's been having issues for a while. I think one of these days Chris will have time to try to fix it. So far, it has been determined that the whole thing just needs to be re-built. I think Chris is dragging his feet on this a little bit (it hasn't turned on since before Christmas!). Hope nothing huge is lost and gone forever! Until then, I have to wait. Picassa and all my pictures are on the desktop computer. Well, at least that's the current excuse I am using to not blog. I guess I shouldn't admit then that I technically have a "work around" as Chris would say. I think I'll just wait for the computer to really get fixed. Let's see how long this takes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah, if we can get the kids to stop having runny noses and sleep through the whole night, I might get around to reinstalling the beast.
Good luck! Hope your pictures aren't lost!
Looking forward to updates :)
I really know how you feel! I've lost way to many pictures and data on broken laptops, but hopefully your corruption will become uncorrupted:) Good luck!
Good thing Chris is a trained professional! Good luck!
Post a Comment