Megan is learning and growing so much from Discovery Club. I wish every kid had the opportunity to be a part of this curriculum! She's now even starting to bring books home and starting to learn how to read. I'm so amazed and proud of my little Megan. This unit they just finished is on the polar regions. They learned about the North and South pole, polar animals, and hibernation. My favorite song they sing is "Hibernation, time for hibernation, hibernation, time to go to.... (kids close their eyes and put their heads down)" I love it! Also, did you know that it's the male penguin that nurtures the eggs until they hatch? They keep them on top of their feet (flippers) because if the egg touches the ice it'll get too cold. The female penguin is the one who hunts and brings the males the food.
 |
| Look, Mom...I'm the same height as an emperor penguin. |
 |
| The small playroom was full of "snow" this unit. |
No comments:
Post a Comment