Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter fun

We had a great Easter weekend at our house. I like to do a small Easter egg hunt on Saturday because Sunday mornings always seem so busy. Megan used her basket like a purse. The girls had a fun time finding the eggs and discovering what was inside. In fact, Megan opened several before the hunt was all the way done.
Of course Easter would not be complete without new Easter church clothes. I love my cute kids! Katelyn sang in a special musical number at church called "Beautiful Savior." Grandma-ma, Cheryl, Amy & Scott and the kids all came for the occasion. It's so fun to be here in AZ! I was so grateful for the help. It wasn't until about 5 minutes before the meeting began that I realized that while Katelyn was singing, no one would be sitting with Megan and Adam if we didn't have family with us. (I played the piano for the musical number and Chris was part of the choir which stayed on the stand for the entire meeting.) Katelyn did a wonderful job. It really brought the right spirit into this special Sunday.

Adam looked so handsome in his little vest. It was fun to catch him smiling on camera. Our days are full of loads of smiles!

Easter evening, we had an amazing dinner at Grandma-ma and Grandpa Ed's. After dinner, they all had an Easter egg hunt. Katelyn just asked me what I was writing and I told her I was blogging about her pictures at the Easter egg hunt. She replied, "mom, that was the best!"

3 comments:

Heather said...

SO cute! I love those big grins on the kids. There is nothing quite as fun as happy kids. I'm glad it was a good weekend for you.

Becky said...

Great Easter pictures! Your girls are such cuties!

Kristin Chesnik said...

I love their truly blissful smiles. What cuties!