At the end of April, we got to take a trip up to Utah with the whole troop (Grandma-ma included) to see Brett recieve his Master's degree; if you know Brett, it's a see-to-believe thing! :) I didn't get any pictures of the ceremony because I took Hyrum duty and let Stephanie savor the moment. The after-party was at Bamboo Hut. As always, it was D-licious!
Besides Brett's graduation, as always, there was a lot of other stuff going on this weekend. Brett and Stephanie recently bought their first house, so it was fun to go invade it, get a haircut, and assist with a little decorating. Brett's new 42" LCD with PS3 isn't bad either, even though Chase whooped me at NCAA Football!
My family took one day to visit Springville friends and Cassi's SLC family. It was Grandma McFarlane's first time to see and hold Adam, so we were sure to snap a picture.






Also part of the itenerary was Nathan's school carnival. We went last year, and this year's was bigger and better. Katelyn really enjoyed the rock climbing wall, and Megan liked the inflatable bounce house.
We celebrated both Ryan and Joshua's birthday's with a dinner at Winger's and then cake and presents at Ryan's house afterwards.
Sunday may have been one of the busiest days. We started early with attending Brett's new ward, where Brett's new baby (Noah) was blessed. On our way to the cars, we were astonished to find it SNOWING! Then we made it back to Provo to change and check-out of the hotel. Then we had one of the craziest "only-in-Utah" drives to visit Grandma Partridge. I don't think I've driven through harder rain before. Visibility was horrible and I was also trying to keep an eye on Amy behind me, since I was her navigation up to Layton. Somehow we made it up there and even found some sunny skies before it was all over. We had a nice visit with Grandma Partridge, and introduced Adam to her as well. I don't take enough time to call or write her, so it was good to take time to visit her.
After visiting Grandma Partridge, we made it to the airport and back to home. I'm glad our house is only about 15 minutes from the airport. By the end of the day, I think we were all pretty tired. This was our first trip as an official part of the "Arizona Contingency" of the family. Despite the craziness of schedules and weather and everything else, I'm certainly thankful for every chance we get to be together as one big crazy Partridge family.
1 comment:
Looks like you had LOTS of fun! I really love that picture of Megan sleeping in flight!
Post a Comment