Saturday, November 28, 2009
Giving Thanks
We spent Thanksgiving this year in Mesa. It was nice to not have to travel, but I still missed my family. The big dinner was at Chris's grandparents house, and it was of course fabulous. I have to admit I don't feel bad at all that I have only ever cooked my own turkey dinner once. I love being with family at Thanksgiving time. It kicks off the holiday season for me to be around those I love. To start off the event, the kids read a couple stories before we sat down. Then Katelyn shared some of her school work that taught all of us about the first Thanksgiving. It was a great way to start off the meal. I'm not sure how much Chris enjoyed Thanksgiving this year. He had been complaining that his throat was hurting, so finally Thanksgiving morning I take a look at it and his tonsils were just huge with spots all over them. So Chris spent the first half of dinner at the Wal-greens filling an antibiotic so he could swallow again. I think he enjoyed the leftovers more once those antibiotics started working. After a wonderful meal, the kids went outside to play for a little bit (gotta love AZ weather!) while we cleaned up and started getting Christmas decorations out. Then it was time for the pie. The Partridge's kindly placed a candle and sang happy birthday to me (my birthday was on Friday this year). Mmmmm. Pecan pie for my birthday. Much better than my pregnant-diabetic-sugarfree birthday from last year. It ended up being a great day, even though the camera stayed safely in the diaper bag the entire time so there are no pictures to prove it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment