I do! I do! It hasn't been as long a search as some have had these days, but I'm VERY thankful to say that I have officially accepted an offer of employment. The company is called Cylon Corporation up in Scottsdale and I don't really have much idea what they do yet. But, I'll be working on the development team, doing automation and qa stuff in PHP.
It was really kind of a fluke the way this happened. I posted a resume on their site back in November for an Automation QA position. A week ago Sunday I was going back through places I had already posted and updating resumes. While there, I saw a PHP developer position available. I remembered it was available when I applied before, so I decided to give it a go. Lo and behold I got a call last week, an interview last Friday, an informal verbal offer last Friday afternoon, and an official everything-in-writing offer this morning! I'll start February 1, so I have a few days to work on the house here without working on finding a job at the same time. A funny coincident, the HR guy who contacted me is the same guy I worked with when I applied at GoDaddy almost exactly two years ago. Crazy! I guess he likes this place better too!
There are a lot of cool "perks," like they bring in lunch everyday, keep a fridge/snack shelf stocked with food and drink so you can almost eat all three meals there (I better not though, or I'll gain back all the weight I've lost so far - about 20 pounds). Another exciting note is that I'm getting a raise with this new job. I'm on a bonus plan (I guess some people are on a straight salary plan), which means that if bonuses are paid out every quarter, I could end up getting a 22% raise from Novell. This is such a huge blessing and sigh of relief that I almost can't believe it. Thank you so much to everyone who helped in every way, even supporting words encouraged me and helped me stay positive during this trial. I'm nervous and excited to start this new chapter in my career. It's going to be a lot longer commute up to Scottsdale than down the hallway to my den, but I'm happy for the opportunity.
1 comment:
We are so glad that your employment seems to be working out!
Post a Comment