Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ward scramble

We were surprised this new year with ward boundary changes. January 10th, our ward was invited to a special fireside meeting along with 6 other wards in our Stake. The Stake presidency said they knew they needed to make some changes, but that they were trying to make it as little as possible. Somehow, that wasn't what was meant to happen because in the end, the right change was huge. After all the short talks were given on change and fellowshipping, and reaching out to others, all the maps were explained. My stomach literally dropped when I realized I was just one of about 9 families getting "shaved" off my ward and put into another ward. I loved my ward. Really, these people are the cream of the crop people. I wasn't ready for this kind of change. I just got to know these people. I really didn't want to start over! But, as is always the case, Heavenly Father knows what we need. I didn't even make it one week before being called to be the 1st Counselor in the Primary Presidency. I love the Primary and I am ready to dig in and serve. Our first week as a Presidency was a little overwhelming. I have so many people to get to know, and I need to do it quickly. I have a feeling that this is exactly what I need. I know that Heavenly Father knows each of us and is in the details of our lives. He cares about each of us and what is happening to us. It took a little while, but I can finally say that I am excited for this change.

1 comment:

Kristin Chesnik said...

I am sure the kids are SO happy to have you!