| This is Megan's Discovery Club. Megan is in the back row on the left, holding her hair down. |
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Megan's parent program - Desert Unit
Instead of a regular parent program for the desert unit, we got to go on a desert hike! I went as one of the parent volunteers to keep track of everyone on the trail. We went to a little trail about 20 minutes east of us. Who knew there were hiking trails so close to me? This trail was perfect for the kids. It was only 1 mile round trip and literally it was a circle around a small mountain/hill. Also nice, is that is was relatively flat and not too steep for these little legs. On the trail we got to see all the plants/vegetation and some animals that they have been learning about in their desert unit. I know some might disagree, but I think the desert is a beautiful place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment