Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Katelyn turns 5!!!

Wow. I can't believe that 5 years ago today Katelyn transformed us from a couple to a family. We'll post pictures and stuff of her day, party, etc. later, but I wanted to write before I went to bed how proud we are of both her and Megan. We're extremely blessed to have such beautiful, intelligent girls. It's always a roller coaster when it comes to kids, but we love them so much. The last 5 years have seen amazing changes in our lives. Then, we were in student housing, I was almost finished with school, and Cassi was holding down the fort from the OR at Utah Valley. I was just an intern, not expecting to stay in Utah or with Novell, but now am amazed at what we learned and how many life-long friends we made because we stayed for a while longer. Now Katelyn is in pre-school and dancing, and her life is getting busier every day. Katelyn really is our pioneer, guinea pig, and little mother. I'm greatful to be her father. Today we took her to see Wall-E. She got tired in the middle, and asked if she could sit on my lap. I look forward to those "payoff" moments when you know the bumps and bruises are worth it. Happy Birthday, Katelyn.

Love,
Dad

No comments: