Thursday, June 12, 2008

Vacation - Day 12 (June 11)

Amy and Scott were in charge of this trip's sandcastle contest. Each group drew out of a hat what their assigned task was. My group (all the littlest kids) made the starfish. Everyone did a great job, but I think it's clear that we won (even though Katelyn and Cassi helped make the turltle).



Megan mostly sat in this chair the whole time because she doesn't like to touch sand very much. She is getting better, but had some fun with Cassi here.


Katelyn kept trying to get some water in this pail, but if the wave was too big (for her), she went running away.


After lunch we had some pool time. We've been to the pool almost everyday, and didn't have any pictures yet, so we took some today.



Dinner wrapped up the day at Cheesburgers In Paradise. It's a nice little restaurant we go to whenever we come to Maui (I learned from the menu tonight that there is one in Las Vegas now - I may have to check it out). I always get the Island Style (teryaki cheesburger with a grilled Maui pineapple) and a pineapple smoothie. Because of our large group, we went for an early dinner, but that cut into Megan's nap time. So, she spent the first half of dinner asleep on my shoulder. Both girls ended up with a new pineapple piggy bank. Megan will be more excited to have one when we get home.

No comments: