Thursday, June 5, 2008

Vacation - Day 6 (June 5)

Today's schedule: Horseback riding and free time. The horseback riding was for the boys (me, Ryan, Brett, and Dad) and Grandma-ma. They messed up the reservations yesterday and Grandma-ma couldn't go, so we welcomed her with us.


The ride was good, although I've learned that the Lahaina side of Maui stays pretty dry during the spring/summer, and the grass is more yellow. Maui's still one of the most beautiful places on the planet, but the view from our last trip (around a Christmas time) was a lot greener.


We rode along a trail near the West Maui Mountains and above where a lot of luxury homes are being built. They told us about one we could see that is Oprah's. Apparently, she has 5 houses on Maui (and others on other islands). The turn-around point of our trip was a snack at this "hale" (hut). We took a quick picture of the whole group, and then rode back to the stables.


It was a good ride, though I think most of us enjoyed the ride last time better. Cassi and the girls did some laundry and then went to the pool. I joined them after I got back and lunch.

We also progressed today in talks about our house. The family who offered counter-offered our counter-offer. We're going to sleep on our decision and send our response tomorrow morning. All-in-all, it's pretty exciting to be at this phase of selling our house. We really need to start getting more serious about deciding on one in Arizona now.

I took the girls and Bradley and Bryson up to our room for quiet time. The boys watched "Return to Neverland" for the first time, and Katelyn was thrilled to have them with her.

No comments: