We had PLENTY of time before Church, so the girls had a nice, quiet breakfast outside of bagels and "pink butter" (strawberry cream cheese).
We attended the Lahina 1st Ward. It is a nice little building that always sees and welcomes tourists. I've heard members talking during prior trips to the Islands that the ward often has 50% or so of its sacrament meeting attendance comprised of visitors. We saw quite a large groups of fellow plane-travelers who came with us yesterday from SLC. After church, we took a few pictures outside. (They are on someone else's camera right now - I'll post them when I get them.)
Quiet time was very quiet and peaceful. I took an afternoon nap for the first time in ... I can't quite remember how long it's been - probably since the days my Mom made us! Then it was on to dinner. Mom handed out assignments to everyone (which is a must when you've got to feed 21 people). We were in charge of slicing some fruit for fruit pizza dessert. I'll just say that everyone delivered tonight and it was all delicious. As Mom put it, "1 out of 14 down."
During the afternoon and evening, I took some pictures of the amazing views from my parents room. First is a picture of Black Rock, where the Sheraton is. Then it's just an awesome view of the ocean. In the distance, from left to right, you can make out the islands of Lanai, Oahu, and Molokai.
After a little Disney DVD Bingo in Mom and Dad's room, Grandma offered to take all the older kids on a walk to the fish pond. The little kids wanted to go too, so we all went. We walked far enough for the kids to get some energy out, but not too far that we had to carry them home.
Another good day was had by all. Megan scared us a little tonight. During family prayers, we were sitting on/around Katelyn's hide-a-bed, when Megan did a typical fling-from-sitting-to-lying-down on the bed. I knew something had happened, because when Cassi picked her up, she did her usual "don't breathe because I hurt myself thing." Admittedly, I wasn't paying a lot of attention to Katelyn while she prayed. But I did peek a couple times, once to see blood all over Cassi's neck (where Megan's face had been. So we took a pause on the prayer and went to the bathroom to take care of Megan's bloody nose. Our only guess is that she hit her face with her hand when she flung herself backwards. After the shock wore off, and she was cleaned up, she started acting like usual. Dad came down and checked her pupil reaction and said she would be fine. When that was done, we finished prayers, watched "Meet the Robinsons" (one of Megan's, and my and Cassi's favorites lately). Then it was lights out. It didn't take long for the girls - they were pretty tired. Cassi even commented about how she could be exhausted at 9:30 pm? I think she's still just so excited to be here. But then, so am I! On to Day 3!
No comments:
Post a Comment