Sunday, June 15, 2008

Vacation - Day 13 (June 12)

Well we are certainly feeling that the end of the trip is nearing. Nevertheless, there is still fun to be had! Today was a pool/beach day, and for dinner we wandered over to Front Street in Lahaina. The Hard Rock Cafe is across the street from an awesome sunset view. We snapped a couple family pictures before and after dinner. The location where the HRC stands now was once a hospital here in Old Lahaina. If my Hawaiian history is correct, Lahaina was once the capital of the Hawaiian Kingdom. I think it was Kamehameha I who united all the islands under one rule and moved the capital to Honolulu (but that part needs some fact-checking).



Did I say the sunset view amazing or what?!


If you just look down from the rock wall (where we took our family pictures), you can usually spot some of these little black crabs on the black lava rocks.


Where would Katelyn be without her cousin Bryson? I just don't know. She wanted to take this picture with him while we were all together across from Hard Rock Cafe tonight. She loves all her cousins, of course, so a little later she took this picture with Benjamin.


From the same little spot (back behind the Crazy Shirts store there's a small porch that literally goes to the edge of the ocean), I snapped this picture of the dusk sky. I couldn't believe how awesome the torches and store-backs looked up against the night sky.

No comments: